Medicine is a noble profession. Physicians work selflessly for the good of their patients. But the reality is physician business owners have the added responsibility of managing employees. When you employ a team of people, you have responsibilities to them and to the state and federal governments, including compliance with various employment laws, state and federal taxes, unemployment insurance, worker's compensation, and health and safety standards, including compliance with various employment laws.
As an MSMS member, you have exclusive access to a variety of human resources services to help you navigate these pressures like a professional. These services include:
- In-depth consultation services from a certified human resources professional
- Via phone, email, or an onsite visit; and,
- Thirty (30) minutes of FREE consulting available for your use each month.
- MSMS’s Human Resource System for medical practices
- Fully customizable handbook template;
- Employee forms and checklists;
- New hire paperwork; and,
- Sample documents (job descriptions, performance appraisals, disciplinary notices, requests for leave, etc.)
- Employee benefits information and member programs through MSMS Physician's Insurance Agency and MSMS Practice Solutions.
Use the links below for additional information and resources to help you in your role as an employer.
- Employment Law Posters
- Employee Status Determination
- Federal I-9 Form
- Federal Overtime Rules
- General Wage Rules