(Complimentary hot breakfast included)
Presented by: Kerr Russell Weber, PLC
*This session is not eligible for Category 1 or MOC credits
- Discuss how to improve the HPV vaccination rates through improving the knowledge and the effects of the HPV vaccination on HPV related cancers.
- Describe new knowledge in the field of infectious diseases that has implications for current as well as future clinical practice.
- List the risk factors associatied with HCV.
- Explain the recommendations for HCV screening and best practices for implementing HCV testing as well as linkage to care.
- Describe tips for improving HCV co-management between primary care clinicians and specialists.
Patricia Brown, MD, FACP, FIDSA, Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Wayne State University School of Medicine; and Associate Chief of Staff for Medicine, John Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit
Sexually Transmitted Infections: Update on Epidemiology and Screening for Primary Care
What's New in Infectious Disease
Rabbie K. Hanna, MD, FACOG, Gynecologic Oncology Senior Staff, Department of Women's Health Services, Henry Ford Health System; and Clinical Assistant Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit
HPV Vaccination and the Target Audience - Primary Care Physicians and Internal Medicine
Stephanie L. Judd, MD, Assistant Professor, Wayne State University School of Medicine; and John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Department of Gastroenterology, Detroit
Hepititis C Virus Infection: Beyond the Cure
- Describe the signs and symptoms and diagnose hip and knee arthritis and other causes of hip and knee pain.
- Understand the range of non-operative options available for treatment of hip and knee arthritis.
- Understand the risks, benefits and expected outcome of hip and knee replacement.
- Discuss the latest clinical development in total hip arthroplasty.
- Describe recent advancements in total knee arthroplasty.
- Explain the new treatments in the diagnosis and management of hip conditions.
Joseph D. Maratt, MD, Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor
Total Hip Arthroplasty
Total Knee Arthroplasty
Sandra L Hearn MD, Instructor Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor
Diagnosis and Management of Hip Conditions
Presented by: MPCH Planning Committee
Frank Anderson, MD, MPH, University of Michigan Medical School
Maternal Morbidity Update
Edward Jouney, DO, FASAM, University of Michigan Medical School
Managing Addiction During Pregnancy
Colin Parks, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
Child Protective Services
- Discuss the proper biopsy site and technique selection for various diseases.
- Describe the diagnosis and management of skin infections in athletes.
- Explain the features that help differentiate types of alopecia and their diagnosis.
Steve D. Daveluy MD, FAAD, Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit
Anthony Van Vreede, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit
Skin Infections in Athletes
David A. Mehregan MD, Wayne State University Physician Group, Monroe
Aliya Hines, MD, PhD, Heidelberg Dermatology, Detroit
Overview of Common Alopecia
Getting the Most from Your Biopsy
- Indentify the recent technological advancements in the treatment and management of type 2 diabetes.
- Recognize the appropriate use of new technologies in diabetes care.
- Implement treatment strategies that reflect recent advances in insulin and incretin-based treatment strategies for the management of T2DM.
- Examine effective strategies to overcome barriers that impede the use of insulin and/or incretin-based therapies for treatment of T2DM
- Review recent advances in combination treatment strategies for patients with T2DM and indentify patients who may benefit from such regimens.
- Employ safe and effective combination insulin/incretin-based therapy in appropriate patients with T2DM.
- Discuss new drugs now available for treatment of obesity.
Arti Bhan, MD, FACE, Division Head, Endocrinology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit
Insulin Therapy in Type 2 Diabetes
Ebru Sulanc, MD, Senior Staff Physician, Division of Endocrinology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit
Updates in Obesity Medication
Kate Kirley, MD, MS, Director, Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, American Medical Association
Diabetes Care Begins with Diabetes Prevention
Presented by: MPHC Planning Committee
Federico G. Mariona, MD, MHSA, FACOG, FACS, Wayne State University School of Medicine
Applying the Hypertension in Pregnancy Safety Bundle
Cathy Collins-Fuela MSN, CNM, FACNM, Henry Ford Health System; and Jaye Clement, MPH, MPP, Henry Ford Health System
Enhanced Group Prenatal Care Model WIN Network, Collaboration with Women’s Health
Dotun A. Ogunyemi, MD, Beaumont Health System
Safe Reduction of Cesarean Rate
Presented by: MPHC Planning Committee
Charles J. Barone II, MD FAAP, Henry Ford Medical Group
Environmental Influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) Program
Craig A. Bloch, MD, Pediatric Hospitalist
Update on Safe Sleep Guidelines
Joel L. Bass, MD, Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Evaluating Public Policy in Support of Breastfeeding
- Describe common issues that arise for primary care providers in the care of chronic kidney disease, dialysis, and kidney transplant patients.
- Explain recent developments in CKD and dialysis.
- Discuss latest strategies to screen, prevent, and treat patients with long-term complications of kidney transplantation.