The State of Michigan will be replacing the Michigan Automated Prescription System (MAPS) with Appriss, PMP AWARxE software, effective April 4, 2017.
As directed by the Michigan State Medical Society's (MSMS) House of Delegates, upgrading the software platform is a crucial element in improving and measuring physician use of MAPS and thereby serving to help reduce the amount of prescription drugs available for illicit purposes.
Pre-registration is now open! Please find important information below, and refer to the MAPS AWARxE User Registration Process Tutorial.
Key Dates to Remember
- March 9, 2017: Registration to PMP AWARxE available. Please go to https://michigan.pmpaware.net/login and click on Create Account to begin registration.
- April 3, 2017: Last day to submit files to the existing MAPS.
- April 4, 2017: All requests and reporting must go through the new system. Current MAPS accounts will no longer be accessible.
Important Registration Information
- Accounts from the current MAPS will not be transferred to the new system.
- Only one user account is allowed per email address.
- Mid-level Physicians (Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Midwives, and Physician Assistants): A health professional license and DEA registration are required to register as a non-delegate user. If you do not hold a DEA registration, registration is only allowed as a Prescriber Delegate -- Licensed user role to request reports on behalf of the physician.
- If registering as a Delegate user, your Supervisor must complete registration first.
- Your health professional license, controlled substance license (if applicable), National Provider Identifier (NPI), and DEA registration numbers are required for registration.
- If your registration is approved prior to 4/4/2017, you will be able to log into the application but you will NOT be able to run patient reports until 4/4/2017.
A reminder email regarding the MAPS transition to PMP AWARExE will be released by the Bureau of Professional Licensing in early April. Should you have any questions regarding PMP AWARxE registration in the meantime, please contact Appriss directly at 844/364-4767. Technical assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Should you have any policy questions, please contact the Bureau of Professional Licensing's MAPS support team at (517) 373-1737.