The Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) is now accepting nominations for the Board of Directors Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee will identify Designated Director candidates for the MSMS Board of Directors. There will be up to six (6) Designated Directors elected by the House of Delegates representing those constituencies that are deemed to be the most relevant to the current health care marketplace. The six (6) categories are:
- Physician Organization Leader;
- Independent Small Practice Physician;
- Physician Leader from Health System;
- Physician Serving in Government/Public Health Role;
- Physician Serving as DIO/Representing GME Training; and,
- At-Large Physician.
Nominating Committee Responsibilities
Per the bylaws, the Nominating Committee’s responsibility is to:
- Carefully review the credentials of each potential candidate, seek out the most qualified candidates and, when possible, ensure that the candidates nominated reflect the diversity of MSMS’s membership.
- Provide the Speaker of the House of Delegates with at least one name for each Designated Director at least 30 days prior to the House of Delegate meeting.
Nominating Committee Member Criteria
The bylaws state the Nominating Committee shall consist of 10 members. The Committee will consist of the Society’s Immediate Past President, who is the chairperson, and one member from each Region. The Regional Nominating Committee member must be:
- Elected by the members holding membership in a county located in that Region;
- A delegate with a right to vote at the House of Delegates; and,
- Not be a member of the Board of Directors.
Nominating Committee Time Commitment
A Nominating Committee member will be required to attend all meetings, which will take place as video conferencing and/or in-person. Each meeting will be no more than two hours long. It is believed that the Committee will need to meet at least three times.
Initial Scope of Work
Once the Nominating Committee has been elected, the Committee will be responsible for identifying physicians who meet the criteria and qualify for a specific category. The House of Delegates approved the following six (6) categories: Physician Organization Leader, Independent Small Practice Physician, Physician Leader from Health System, Physician Serving in Government/Public Health Role, Physician Serving as DIO/Representing GME Training, and At Large Physician.
MSMS is now accepting nominations for the MSMS Board of Directors Nominating Committee>>
Nominations are due by July 15, 2022