Registration is open for the four remaining days of live onsite and live virtual activities in October and November. Please be assured that MSMS will ensure that all appropriate CDC and local safety protocols will be taken for in-person attendees. Safety measures in place include 1) required masks for attendees and staff (hotel and MSMS); 2) socially distanced classroom and exhibit hall seating; and 3) hand sanitizer stations throughout the meeting space.
Highlighted October live in-person courses include:
October 20 - 21, 2021 (Live In-Person - The Westin Southfield Detroit)
Updates in Dermatology
- Updates in Vulvar Disease - Hope Haefner, MD
- The Influence of Physician Implicit Bias in Medicine Today - Lauren Hamel, PhD
- Advances in Dermoscopy - Trilokraj Tejasvi, MBBS, MD
Pregnancy Considerations in Patients with Neurological Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis and Pregnancy Considerations - Kavita Grover, MD, FAAN
- Headache and Pregnancy - Ashhar Ali, MD
- Multiple Sclerosis and Pregnancy- Mirela Cerghet, MD, FAAN
- Seizures and Pregnancy - Jian Xu, MD
Updates in Sleep Medicine
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea – Christopher Morgan, MD
- Restless Leg Syndrome – Mohan Dutt, MD
- Sleep and Wellness for the Physician – Virginia Skiba, MD
- Sleep in Teens and School Start Times – Gita Gupta, MD
WCMSSM William Beaumont Lecture
- The Battle Against Acute Myocardial Infarction: The Michigan Connection - William W. O’Neill, MD, FACC, MSCAI
2021 Update in Allergy and Immunology
- Food Allergy: Its Many Forms & Advances in Therapy - Taylor Lin, MD
- Allergic Skin Disease - Jane Kraznick, MD
- Drug Allergy & Vaccines: Evaluation, Management & Clinical Pearls - Kathleen Dass, MD
For the November virtual courses and to register, visit www.msms.org/asm2021.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
Statement of Accreditation:
The Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The MSMS designates this live activity for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participation completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
The ACCME is approved by the Board of Nursing as an acceptable provider of continuing education for license renewal or relicensure.