With the ongoing debate over Michigan’s Auto No-Fault system and its anticipated focus during Lame Duck, the Michigan State Medical Society is hosting a Twitter chat to educate and encourage Michiganders to write their lawmakers on its value.
The MSMS Twitter chat will take place on Tuesday, December 11 from Noon – 1 p.m. EST.
What is a Twitter chat?
A Twitter chat, sometimes known as a Twitter party or a tweet chat, happens when a group of people all tweet about the same topic using a specific tag (#) called a hashtag that allows the topic to be followed on Twitter. The chats are on a specific day, at a specific time.
In this case, the hashtag for our Twitter chat is #NoFaultSavesLives. By including #NoFaultSavesLives in your posts, you can ensure your messages will be part of the Twitter chat. In addition, anyone searching for #NoFaultSavesLives and anyone who clicks on that hashtag from a post will be able to find and read the thread associated with the hashtag.
How to Participate
- You will need to have a Twitter account set up to participate.
- Join the chat by searching for the hashtag #NoFaultSavesLives. Click on the hashtag to join to the conversation. You should see a few tweets using that hashtag.
- Now you can start tweeting your messages! Feel free to jump in as soon as you’re ready and share your message with the hashtag #NoFaultSavesLives included. Let everyone know you’ve joined the chat and that you’re ready to participate.
- Ex: Hello everyone! I’m here and ready to talk about auto no-fault. #NoFaultSavesLives
Tips, Tricks and Important Information
- Please use #NoFaultSavesLives in all of your Tweets to be included in the Twitter chat that day.
- If you ask a question or respond to someone in the chat, use the hashtag #NoFaultSavesLives so everyone can be in on the conversation.
- Share tweets from the conversation with your network by re-tweeting or by commenting on posts in the chat.
- Please don’t use the hashtag unless it’s on topic! We don’t want off-topic conversation to be part of the archive of the chat.
- Please do use other relevant hashtags in your posts, including:
- #NoFaultSavesLives, #AutoNoFault, #MSMSHealthChat, #Michigan
You might want to let people know you’ll be participating in the Twitter chat in advance. This is a nice way to let your network know you may be a bit noisy during the chat time.
- Brain Injury Association of Michigan - @BIAofMI
- Coalition Protecting Auto No-Fault - @ProtectNoFault
- Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine - @KAMJackson
- Michigan Academy of Family Physicians - @MIFamilyDocs
- Michigan Academy of Physician Assistants - @MichiganPAs
- Michigan Association of Chiropractors - @MichiganChiro
- Michigan Brain Injury Provider Council - @
- Michigan Health and Hospital Association - @MIHospitalAssoc
- Michigan Osteopathic Association - @MichiganDOs
- Michigan State Medical Society, @MichStateMedSoc
- Origami - @OrigamiRehab
- Wayne County Medical Society of Southeast Michigan - @WCMSSM