The Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) is excited to announce a new partnership with Jodi Schafer, SPHR, SHRM-SCP owner of Human Resources Management Services (HRM Services). Mrs. Schafer has been with HRM Services since 2010 and in 2013 she took over as the company’s owner and general-partner.
Medicine is a noble profession. Physicians work selflessly for the good of their patients. But the reality is physician business owners have the added responsibility of managing employees. When you employ a team of people, you have responsibilities to them and to the state and federal governments, including compliance with various employment laws, state and federal taxes, unemployment insurance, worker's compensation, and health and safety standards.
"Physicians go to medical school to become skilled and effective practitioners, not business owners. So, owning your own practice requires a steep learning curve, often riddled with frustration and mistakes. HRM Services works with you to alleviate these pressures. We've spent the last 20+ years helping business owners manage their most valuable resource -- their people."
- Jodi Schafer
As an MSMS member, you have exclusive access to a variety of human resources services to help you navigate these waters like a professional. These services include:
- In-depth consultation services from one of HRM Services certified human resources professionals
- Via phone, email, or an onsite visit; and,
- Thirty (30) minutes of FREE consulting available for your use each month.
- MSMS's Human Resource System developed for use in medical practices
- Fully customizable handbook template;
- Employee forms and checklists;
- New hire paperwork; and,
- Sample documents (job descriptions, performance appraisals, disciplinary notices, requests for leave, etc.)
These new services are a nice complement to MSMS's existing employee benefits information and member programs offered through MSMS Physician's Insurance Agency and MSMS Practice Solutions.
To take advantage of these benefits or to contact Jodi Schafer directly, please visit, https://www.msms.org/Resources/ContractReviewServices/HumanResourcesServices.aspx.