The American Medical Association (AMA) partnered with Project N95 (a not-for-profit, National COVID-19 Clearinghouse) to make personal protective equipment (PPE) available exclusively to its members. Starting June 22, AMA members receive a series of three emails which describe the program. Members sign in using their AMA Sign In username and password and complete the Registration Form to express an interest in ordering PPE shown below.
- Makrite 9500 N95 surgical respirator; size S
- Makrite 9500 N95 surgical respirator; size M/L
- Disposable Isolation gown
All AMA member orders will be aggregated and shipped no later than August 26, via UPS ground. Gowns may start shipping as early as August 17. Members receive email and text order status and shipping confirmation notices.
Project N95 has written policies on order cancellations, refunds, and handling of damaged goods. See attached Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for those and other details about the program and order process.
This pilot program has specific deadlines for registration, orders, and shipping, which are summarized below.
- Registration: Last date to submit registration form (July 10, 3:00 PM, CST)
- Orders: Last date to submit an order (August 1, 3:00 PM, CST)
- Cancel Order: Last date to cancel order (August 2 – open timeframe)
- Shipping: Orders shipped by date (August 26 – open timeframe)
For this program, AMA and Project N95 established the purchasing business guidelines shown below in order to support as many members as are interested in participating.
- 1 box of Surgical N95 Respirator (20 masks) or 1 bag of Isolation Gowns (15 gowns)
- Surgical N95 Respirator, Size S & Standard (M/L): 50 boxes (20 masks/box) – 1000 masks
- Isolation Gowns: 66 bags (15 gowns/bags) – 990 gowns
Questions about this collaboration should be directed to Kristen Tinney.