Transitioning to Accountable Care Organizations
Wednesday, September 18
The Inn at St. John's, Plymouth
Accountable Care Organizations present a natural progression in the delivery of patient-centered care as they bring providers together to manage the broad spectrum of care for a population of patients. Hailed as a better way to achieve cost-effective, high-quality patient care, Accountable Care Organizations have the potential to improve the population’s health and slow spiraling health care costs.
Trends in Health Care
• Derek Melot, Senior Editor, Bridge Magazine
Population Health: A Brave New World
• Timothy A. Peterson, MD, MBA, FACEP, Medical Director and Faculty, Group Practice Population Health Program, University of Michigan Health System
• Alexander G. Ruthven, MD, Huron Family Practice Center, PC
Building an ACO with your Physician Network
• Robert Jackson, MD, Western Wayne Physicians Independent Physician Organization
Legal Issues Arising from Health Information Technology
• Abby Pendleton, JD, The Health Law Partners
Practice Liability, Risk Management and the Practice of Good Medicine
• Carla White, Patient Safety/Risk Management, The Doctors Company
Improving Health Care Decision Making - Comparative Effectiveness Research
• Stephanie Chang, MD, MPH, Director of the Evidence Based Practice Center, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
This course is intended for physicians, executives, office administrators, and all other health care professionals.
Registration: 8:15 am
Program: 8:45 am - 4:00 pm
** Package Special **
If you register for this ACO course and the October 22 PCMH conference there is a significant discount.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Fax Registration Form to (517) 336-5797
- Call MSMS Registrar at (517) 336-5785
- Ground Mail Registration Form to MSMS Foundation, 120 W. Saginaw, East Lansing, MI 48823
If you would like to register for the ACO/PCMH package, please call Caryl Markzon at (517) 336-7575.
** Click here to download the registration form **
For more information, please contact Caryl Markzon at (517) 336-7575 or email@example.com.